Job Title: Sr. DBA
We specialize in healthcare management technology and offer a suite of utilization management software solutions for our clients. Our mission is dedicated to improving the quality of care and expediting the delivery of health care services by advancing and automating utilization management processes. We are based in Parsippany NJ, with clients across the United States.
As the Sr. DBA you will be responsible for coordinating changes to computer databases, including testing and implementation of the database while applying best practices for database management systems. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Servers, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
• Build SQL Server tables, write Stored Procedures to Extract, Transform and Load various tables.
• Create SSIS packages to assist in data movement.
• Express business awareness and understanding of business requirements to turn ideas into solutions using Microsoft SQL Server tools.
• Provide database application development experience in collaboration with .NET developers.
• Specialist aptitude in Microsoft SQL Server Transact-SQL language to create complex stored procedure solutions.
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Comfortable working in an extreme programming environment, project specific.
• Comfortable working with tight deadlines under pressure, project specific.
• Comfortable with a rotational schedule providing production database support.
• Other Duties as assigned or requested.
Skills & Qualifications
• 7+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required.
• Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
• Thorough working knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
• Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and clustering.
• Experience working with ETL and Reporting tools such as SSIS, SSRS, and Power BI
• Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
• Able to work in our office in Parsippany, NJ,
- Communicates effectively– Attentively listens to others, provides timely and helpful information and is effective in a range of professional settings. Gives and receives feedback in a productive, professional manner. Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Manages Ambiguity –Operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear. Is flexible in approach and is able to adapt their approach to meet changing business needs.
- Manages complexity –Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. Has strong organizational skills and is able to manage multiple activities at once. Has high attention to detail.
- Ensures Accountability –Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same. Able to work independently as part of a small team.
Please send your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org